Subject: bug#20596: `.libs/libgiognutls.lai': No such file or directory

From: Nithyakala Sainath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 12:57:20 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to cross compile glib-networking-2.31 for arm using open
embedded. I am facing problems with libtool.

I am getting this error but no solutions in google.

| /bin/sed: can't read =/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la: No such file or
directory
| libtool: link: `=/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la' is not a valid libtool
archive

I deciphered what the problem was. In line 9713 in the attached file, the
sed is parsing =/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la instead of SYSROOT//usr/lib/
libgobject-2.0.la  file.

I added func_resolve_sysroot and fixed this. (I don't know if I should)

After I fixed this, I ran into another problem:
| libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libgiognutls.lai
/home/local/ANT/nithyaks/ram/environ/tmp/work/armv5-poky-linux-gnueabi/glib-networking/2.31.0-eink/image/usr/lib/gio/modules/
libgiognutls.la
| /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/libgiognutls.lai': No such file or
directory

Can you please help me solve the problem ? I am stuck on this for two days
now.

Libtool version info:
        host-triplet:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        shell:        /bin/bash
        compiler:        gcc
        compiler flags:        -Wall -g -O2
        linker:        /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64 (gnu? yes)
        libtool:    (GNU libtool) 2.4.2 Debian-2.4.2-1ubuntu1
        automake:    automake (GNU automake) 1.11.3
        autoconf:    autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68

The same source compiles when compiling in scratchbox where corss compiling
doesn't come into play.

Thanks,
Nithya.