Subject: master-branch broke my init

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 16:50:52 +0200

Hi,

I'm using several Emacs, while .emacs is dispatching setups according to 
version.

After running an

emacs-master-20150509

any Emacs started with error - while loading the dispatched setup 
manually worked.

Finally detected in .emacs the reason:

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.
(package-initialize)

This is a bad thing. Please do not make Emacs write into the init-file 
behind the back of users.

Thanks,

Andreas