Subject: Re: bug#20573: 25.0.50; Colon should send input in Prolog mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 12:31:45 +0100

Oleg Sivokon <[email-masked]> writes:

> The problem is as follows: when SWI Prolog's prompt is answered with a
> colon (a request for more solutions to the goal) will print other
> solutins and will wait for more input from user.  Emacs will only send
> input upon pressing RET, but SWI Prolog will treat this as sending two
> inputs: 1) generate next solution, 2) terminate solution generation.
> This leads, in practice, to that at most two solutions for any goal are
> generated.
> Solving this isn't as easy as just modifying the behavior of typing
> `;'.  Colons can appear (and do so very often) in Prolog code.  Besides,
> `commit-send-input' seems to send RET anyway, so fixing this would
> require more knowledge of the process I/O than I currently have.

(This bug report unfortunately got no response at the time.)

Are you still seeing this problem in more recent Emacs versions?  If so,
could you provide a recipe to reproduce the bug, starting from "emacs -Q"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no