Subject: bug#2057: 23.0.60; delete key and deletechar

From: Robert Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:10:13 -0400

I believe the following patch may be the right fix for bug 2057.  When
looking at the key sequences generated by function keys, Emacs should only
register those that generate two or more ASCII characters.

My termcap entry, xterm-color, contains "kD=\177", which means that the
delete *function* key generates code 177.

The function key mapping code in term.c incorrectly creates a translation
that maps charcter code 177 to deletechar.  The translation is incorrect
because the normal backspace/delete key on my keyboard also generates code
177.  Once the translation is set up, hitting backspace/delete causes Emacs
to delete characters to the right instead of to the left, since Emacs thinks
I'm hitting the delete *function* key.

bob

====================

--- src/term.c.~1~      2009-04-13 14:57:19.000000000 -0400
+++ src/term.c  2009-04-16 10:59:32.000000000 -0400
@@ -1410,7 +1410,7 @@
   for (i = 0; i < (sizeof (keys)/sizeof (keys[0])); i++)
     {
       char *sequence = tgetstr (keys[i].cap, address);
-      if (sequence)
+      if (sequence && strlen(sequence) > 1)
        Fdefine_key (kboard->Vinput_decode_map, build_string (sequence),
                     Fmake_vector (make_number (1),
                                   intern (keys[i].name)));