Subject: bug#20569: 24.5; Vertical scroll bar is shorter than frame in info buffer

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 21:46:19 -0300

Recipe:

emacs -Q
M-x i n f o RET

Expected Result:

The vertical scroll bar extends over the entire frame height, "blending"
into the menu bar at the top right.

Observed Result:

The vertical scroll bar does not extend over the entire frame height.
There is a gap at the top, below the menu bar.

The top row of the info buffer, the one that contains the navigation
information, seems to extend too far to the right (although it does not
in fact seem to overlie (in the z-order as it were) the scroll bar,
rather the scroll bar appears to be drawn with its top below (in
y-coordinate) the top row of the info buffer.

The problem is more pronounced with a dark Emacs theme. (I use
Wheatgrass.)

I'm guessing the problem also affects other modes that use the top row
of the buffer in a similar way.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.12)
 of 2015-04-17 on buildvm-04.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:	Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)

Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Opening connection to localhost via tls...
Opening connection to localhost...done
Opening nnimap server on Local Dovecot Mailstore...done
2 new newsgroups have arrived
Checking new news...
nnimap read 48k from localhost (initial sync of 1 group; please wait)
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...done
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.12) of 2015-04-17 on buildvm-04.phx2.fedoraproject.org
previous-buffer: Cannot switch buffers in minibuffer window

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/maxima-modes hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maxima/site_start.d/maxima-modes
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-list
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-install
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-id
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-src
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-version
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-info
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-element
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150511/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob
~/.emacs.d/modules/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug sendmail nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnimap utf7 gnutls nnfolder parse-time bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua epa-file epa
derived epg netrc network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils python json sage sage-load rx
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap
emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat cl-macs appt org-element org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda org
advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func bbdb-anniv diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site
timezone tex-site info package edmacro kmacro recentf tree-widget
battery time saveplace wheatgrass-theme delsel paren savehist iswitchb
elec-pair desktop frameset cua-base cus-start cus-load color-theme
easymenu wid-edit cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bbdb-loaddefs time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 372668 27850)
 (symbols 48 52138 0)
 (miscs 40 6459 5425)
 (strings 32 93768 7075)
 (string-bytes 1 3202758)
 (vectors 16 34336)
 (vector-slots 8 705256 8499)
 (floats 8 332 557)
 (intervals 56 4102 0)
 (buffers 960 45)
 (heap 1024 81762 1651))