Subject: bug#20566: perl-mode: maybe have the parentheses of s{a}{b} also blink

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 05:07:39 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Just like the matching parentheses if(1){$k++;} blink,
> also maybe do the same for s{a}{b} etc.

Trying this on the most recent version of Emacs, 26.2:

0. emacs -Q
1. C-x b foo <RET>
2. M-x perl-mode <RET>
3. s{a}{b}

I do get a blinking effect, i.e. that when I type the "}" after "a"
and "b", Emacs briefly highlights the "{" character.

If this is indeed the issue, could you please test this on the most
recent version of Emacs (26.2) and see if you can reproduce it?

Also, could you clarify what "s{a}{b} etc." means above -- are there
any other expressions which you think should exhibit this behaviour
but do not?

If I don't get a response in a couple of weeks, I will close this as
unreproducible.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas