Subject: 25.0.50; hook in .emacs crashes daemon

From: Jarno Malmari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 13:01:12 +0300

Steps to reproduce:
1. Put the following to your ~/.emacs:
   (add-hook (intern "emacs-lisp-mode-hook") (lambda () (linum-mode 1)))
2. launch "emacs --daemon"

Crashes.

git describe --tags: emacs-24.5-rc2-4667-ga314016

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2015-05-13 on jarnomaE6330
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fi_FI.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fi_FI.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fi_FI.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
C-x M-x is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils linum finder-inf tex-site
cmake-mode-autoloads dictionary-autoloads connection-autoloads
f-autoloads fic-ext-mode-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads key-chord-autoloads link-autoloads
log4e-autoloads magit-gerrit-autoloads git-rebase-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads info easymenu nsis-mode-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads popup-autoloads qml-mode-autoloads s-buffer-autoloads
noflet-autoloads s-autoloads typo-autoloads package epg-config mule-util
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90284 3289)
 (symbols 48 19711 0)
 (miscs 40 111 76)
 (strings 32 17459 4675)
 (string-bytes 1 538010)
 (vectors 16 11131)
 (vector-slots 8 406030 2393)
 (floats 8 100 70)
 (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 976 12)
 (heap 1024 19244 965))