Subject: Re: bug#20552: 24.4; cc

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 12:13:58 +0200

> As you wrote it there is no difference.  (left . 0) remains
 > about 1/8 inch right of flush left (even if executed twice).  BUT
 >
 > (modify-frame-parameters nil '((user-position . t) (width . 176)
 >                                 (left . -1300))
 >
 > does become flush left on an initial emacs -Q whereas without the
 > user-position (which I will now read about) it required two executions
 > to become flush left.  Recall, previously the first execution left the frame
 > several inches right of flush left but a second execution made it flush
 > left.

Still weird.  What happens with

(modify-frame-parameters nil '((user-position . t) (width . 176) (left . 1)))

Also, you could try playing with the `(+ POS)' and `(- POS)' position
specifications (see section 28.3.3.2 Position Parameters of the Elisp
manual).

martin