Subject: bug#20539: 24.5; magit-auto-revert-mode broken by 24.5 upgrade with change to behaviour of `let`

From: "Greg A. Woods" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 15:26:55 -0700

So, it appears I (and perhaps edbug) was confused between the function
`auto-revert-mode' and the variable of the same name!  I should know
better!

So the problem is more likely just that `auto-revert-handler' is not
behaving quite the same way in 24.5 as it did before, specifically with
respect to the value of the `auto-revert-mode' variable.  Since it is
explicitly marked as an internal function I retract my suggestion that
the change is in any way a major bug in 24.5.

My proposed fix is no doubt wrong too as I think it will just force
auto-revert-mode on for each buffer it tries to revert.

I've reported the issue to the magit maintainers on github and hopefully
someone can find a suitable work-around, though perhaps the real fix will
involve enhancing autorevert to make it more amenable to non-interactive
interaction with other modules.

For my own use I think my hack works anyway because I think I do always
want auto-revert-mode for all buffers visiting files in any repository
I'm working in.

Sorry for any confusion w.r.t. `let'!

-- 
						Greg A. Woods

+1 250 762-7675                                RoboHack <[email-masked]>
Planix, Inc. <[email-masked]>      Secrets of the Weird <[email-masked]>