Subject: Re: bug#20538: 24.4; Attempt to delete a surrogate minibuffer frame

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:46:54 -0500

On Sun May 10 2015 martin rudalics wrote:
> It probably happens because ediff (by default) display the "control
> panel" in a frame without minibuffer and Emacs doesn't allow to make
> such a frame the last remaining one.

Not exactly.

In the meanwhile, I noticed that the bug can be reproduced as
follows:

emacs -Q foo bar

M-x ediff-buffers ; to compare buffers foo and bar

; select buffer foo

C-x 5 2 ; display buffer foo in a 2nd window in new frame

; in the frame displaying buffers foo and bar

M-x delete-frame

Error: Attempt to delete a surrogate minibuffer frame

; select the frame displaying the Ediff control panel

M-x delete-frame

Success!

It seems this should be the other way round: the "surrogate
minibuffer attribute" should be given to the frame displaying the
Ediff control panel instead of the frame displaying buffers foo and bar.