Subject: Re: bug#20532: 25.0.50; void-variable cursor-sensor-inhibit

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 14:02:04 -0400

> I get this error when I am trying to quit isearch. I don't know if this
> happens when I try to quit after I tried to search for a term that failed
> to be found in the buffer or when I try to quit after a successful search
> hit.

Hmmm... I can see 2 ways it could happen:
1- isearch-done is called without having called isearch-mode earlier.
2- isearch-done is called in a different buffer than the one in which
   isearch-mode was called.

I expect you're in case n°2.
Can you think of any reason why you might have started your search in
one buffer and ended it in another?  If not, maybe next time you bump
into it, try to figure what you've done in that search that might have
caused the buffer to be different at the end.

> ad-Advice-call-interactively(#<subr call-interactively> isearch-abort nil nil)

Obligatory side-question: what kind of advice do you have on
call-interactively (in case it might interact in odd ways and ends up
changing the current buffer, for example)?

        Stefan