Subject: bug#20516: closed (Re: bug#20532: 25.0.50; void-variable cursor-sensor-inhibit)

From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:58:14 +0200

>>>  (GNU bug Tracking System)on Wed, 27 May 2015 16:19:03 +0000 wrote:

 >>> Can you think of any reason why you might have started your search in
 >>> one buffer and ended it in another?

 >> This will happen by design if you use isearch to search across multiple
 >> files (i.e. multi-isearch), such as a sequence of ChangeLog.N files.
 >> (There may be other variables than cursor-sensor-inhibit that are also
 >> mishandled in this situation.)

 > I installed the patch below which should fix this.

Thanks, but now you cannot do isearch at all. It simply throws "Symbol's
value as variable is void: isearch--curent-buffer".

BTW, in my case the cause of the problem was indeed switching of buffers
during the isearch, but in it was happening in polymodes when changing
the indirect buffers for different mode chunks.

Strangely enough, after the emacs update of about 2 weeks ago I have
never encountered the problem again. It seems that my problem was fixed
even before the current "fix".

  Vitalie