Subject: 11.88; texmathp is void

From: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 18:15:58 +0200

# cat foo.el
   (require 'package)
   (package-initialize)
   (load "auctex.el" nil t t)

   # emacs -Q -l foo.el

Loading a TeX file and typing " yields:

   Symbol's function definition is void: texmathp

This happens with Emacs 24.5.
It does not happen with Emacs 24.3.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-06 on winky
Package: 11.88

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2014-10-29"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88/style"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self nil
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode)
		     :help "Run plain TeX")
		    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
		     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
		    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
		     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
		    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
		     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
		     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
		    ("AmSTeX" "%(PDF)amstex %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
		    ("ConTeXt" "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
		    ("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
		     nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
		    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run BibTeX")
		    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
		    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run Viewer")
		    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
		    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
		     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
		    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-command t t :help
		     "Generate PostScript file")
		    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Create index file")
		    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Run xindy to create index file")
		    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
		    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
		    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil t
		     :help "Spell-check the document")
		    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate files")
		    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
		    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary command")
		    )
 )