Subject: Re: bug#20515: 11.88; texmathp is void

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 16:17:12 +0200

Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]> writes:

>> By the way: I see you use the ELPA version, but why do you use such an
>> outdated version?  The current one is 11.88.5.
>
> Good question. I not very familiar with ELPA and thought that packages
> would be highlighted/marked more noticeably if they are outdated.  So
> I just skimmed through the list and thought that I had installed the
> most recent version...

I think it shows the new versions on top.  But basically, when you do `u
x' in the packages buffer, it'll just do the right thing, e.g., upgrade
all installed packages that have newer versions.

> But now I have really installed the most recent one.  And the problem
> is solved.

Perfect.  BTW, using just the ELPA package should just work.  But there
have been some hiccups when you had installed both an ELPA version plus
some other version, e.g., via your package manager or some built-in
version (some emacs distributions bundle auctex).  Well, but that
doesn't seem to be the case here.

Bye,
Tassilo