Subject: bug#20515: closed (Re: bug#20515: 11.88; texmathp is void)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 14:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20515: 11.88; texmathp is void

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20515: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20515
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20515: 11.88; texmathp is void
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 16:17:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]> writes:

>> By the way: I see you use the ELPA version, but why do you use such an
>> outdated version?  The current one is 11.88.5.
>
> Good question. I not very familiar with ELPA and thought that packages
> would be highlighted/marked more noticeably if they are outdated.  So
> I just skimmed through the list and thought that I had installed the
> most recent version...

I think it shows the new versions on top.  But basically, when you do `u
x' in the packages buffer, it'll just do the right thing, e.g., upgrade
all installed packages that have newer versions.

> But now I have really installed the most recent one.  And the problem
> is solved.

Perfect.  BTW, using just the ELPA package should just work.  But there
have been some hiccups when you had installed both an ELPA version plus
some other version, e.g., via your package manager or some built-in
version (some emacs distributions bundle auctex).  Well, but that
doesn't seem to be the case here.

Bye,
Tassilo

Subject: 11.88; texmathp is void
From: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 18:15:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

   # cat foo.el
   (require 'package)
   (package-initialize)
   (load "auctex.el" nil t t)

   # emacs -Q -l foo.el

Loading a TeX file and typing " yields:

   Symbol's function definition is void: texmathp

This happens with Emacs 24.5.
It does not happen with Emacs 24.3.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-06 on winky
Package: 11.88

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2014-10-29"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88/style"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
		  "/home/andreas/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self nil
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode)
		     :help "Run plain TeX")
		    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
		     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
		    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
		     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
		    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
		     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
		     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
		    ("AmSTeX" "%(PDF)amstex %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
		    ("ConTeXt" "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
		    ("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
		     nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
		    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run BibTeX")
		    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
		    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run Viewer")
		    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
		    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
		     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
		    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-command t t :help
		     "Generate PostScript file")
		    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Create index file")
		    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Run xindy to create index file")
		    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
		    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
		    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil t
		     :help "Spell-check the document")
		    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate files")
		    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
		    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary command")
		    )
 )