Subject: bug#20513: 11.88.5; TeX-view-program-list generated in wrong format by Customize

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 11:03:41 +0200

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I agree, but I confirm `TeX-view-program-list' is built in the wrong
>> way when changed with customize interface, as reported by Дарио.  It
>> worked as expected before commit
>>
>>   * 59ccf34 (2014-11-28) Check the viewer executable exists before
>> opening it.
>>
>> where the customization type of the variable was changed from an alist
>> to a repeated list, but the command part of the type hasn't been
>> modified.  How should it be fixed?
>
> I think the problem is that the command part is a group of a choice
> where one choice is a list again.  A group is a list, and list is a
> list, so command parts will result in ((stuff)) where it should be just
> (stuff).  So can't you simply remove the outer
>
>   (group :tag "Command parts"
>
> and that's it?

I seem to remember that there is some option in the customization
definition where some group will be folded into the surrounding list.

Ah yes, (info "(elisp) Splicing into Lists").

File: elisp.info,  Node: Splicing into Lists,  Next: Type Keywords,  Prev: Composite Types,  Up: Customization Types

14.4.3 Splicing into Lists
--------------------------

The ‘:inline’ feature lets you splice a variable number of elements into
the middle of a ‘list’ or ‘vector’ customization type.  You use it by
adding ‘:inline t’ to a type specification which is contained in a
‘list’ or ‘vector’ specification.

   Normally, each entry in a ‘list’ or ‘vector’ type specification
describes a single element type.  But when an entry contains ‘:inline
t’, the value it matches is merged directly into the containing
sequence.  For example, if the entry matches a list with three elements,
those become three elements of the overall sequence.  This is analogous
to ‘,@’ in a backquote construct (*note Backquote::).

-- 
David Kastrup