Subject: bug#20513: 11.88.5; TeX-view-program-list generated in wrong format by Customize

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 11:00:32 +0200

Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think the problem is that the command part is a group of a choice
>> where one choice is a list again.  A group is a list, and list is a
>> list, so command parts will result in ((stuff)) where it should be
>> just (stuff).  So can't you simply remove the outer
>>
>>   (group :tag "Command parts"
>>
>> and that's it?
>
> That's what I thought, but why it used to work when the type was an
> alist?  Back then, also using command parts resulted in (stuff)
> instead of ((stuff)).  What am I missing?

alist does (cons key value), so if key is "Foo" and value is ((stuff)),
you get an alist entry (Foo (stuff)).

Bye,
Tassilo