Subject: bug#20502: 24.4; json-pretty-print escapes forward slashes in strings

From: Martin Algesten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 09:28:48 +0200

Whe doing "pretty-print-json" on this:

{"mimetype":"image/jpeg"}

I end up with this:

{
  "mimetype": "image\/jpeg"
}

Notice the incorrect escaping of /.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1343.14)
of 2014-10-24 on emperor.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1347
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.4
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.4/share/info/emacs --without-dbus
--without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Javascript

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail browse-url sh-script smie
executable mule-util epg mm-archive message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf
yaml-mode markdown-mode noutline outline easy-mmode pp apropos cus-edit
wid-edit edmacro kmacro js byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv json
thingatpt sgml-mode dired misearch multi-isearch js2-mode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-styles cc-align cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs imenu tabify help-mode vc-git coffee-mode rx easymenu comint
ansi-color ring grandshell-theme git-gutter advice help-fns cl-loaddefs
cl-lib server package epg-config disp-table whitespace cus-start
cus-load paren time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 264282 64021)
(symbols 48 34301 0)
(miscs 40 161 892)
(strings 32 63165 17435)
(string-bytes 1 1747786)
(vectors 16 34781)
(vector-slots 8 1390961 137733)
(floats 8 99 790)
(intervals 56 3558 417)
(buffers 960 33))