Subject: bug#20499: [PROPOSED PATCH] C-x 8 shorthands for curved quotes, Euro, etc.

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 12:15:07 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

How about also adding s, t, S, T with cedilla, dotless i, and I with dot.
Also c and C with a hacek.

C-x 8 C-h is a good way of seeing what all the options are.
It may be worth documenting.

It would be nice to have C-u C-x = show the specific C-x 8 sequence
for a character, if there is one.

By the way, it would be good to have a file that consists of all of
unicode in numeric order.  That would provide an easy way to pick some
unicode character (whose code you don't remember) and copying it into
some text.

¬

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.