Subject: bug#20488: Problems with Icelandic quotation marks

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 11:35:41 +0200

close 20488
tags 20488 notabug
thanks

Hi Joseph,

2015-05-03 0:19 GMT+02:00 Joseph Timothy Foley <[email-masked]>:
> The Icelandic support in AUCTeX seems to be having issues with quotation
> marks.  If I type ", it doesn't replace it with the right marks.  It
> simply puts ".  I have to press " twice in order to get it to create "`
> and "'.  Am I missing something?

Well, the behavior you reported is exactly what is described in the
AUCTeX manual (info "(auctex)European") [1], so I wouldn't call it a
bug.

> I searched on google and could not
> find anyone else with a similar issue.
> When the system is not editing a document in with biber, " expands
> correctly to the `` and '' as normal.

You can achieve the behavior you expected by setting the
`TeX-quote-language-alist' variable.  Add the following code to your
init file

    (add-to-list 'TeX-quote-language-alist
                 '("icelandic" "\"`'" "\"'" nil))

Now you can insert the right quotation marks by pressing " just once.

I'm going to close this ticket.

Bye,
Mosè

Note:
[1] https://gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#European