Subject: 24.4; ispell.el new LocalWords together with existing

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 16:46:43 +1000

When ispell.el "A" adds a new LocalWords line it always puts it at the
end of the file.  It'd be good to put it with existing such lines if
there are some.

This helps if LocalWords are deliberately not at the very end of file,
eg. before a special footer.  foo.el below shows this in an elisp file

    M-x find-file  foo.el
    M-x eval-buffer
    =>
    alas new LocalWords line after the ";;; foo.el ends here" footer

I hoped LocalWords with the existing ones would avoid upsetting the
footer bit.

I get some joy from the diff below.  The existing (open-line) and
(newline) are unchanged for the case no existing LocalWords so add at
end of file.  I'm fairly confident of my (insert "\n") when adding after
an existing LocalWords line, since since don't want `newline' to
auto-fill or otherwise mangle that line.  (But I'm ready to be persuaded
if there's some left indent or similar to apply which I don't know.)

2015-05-02  Kevin Ryde  <[email-masked]>

	* textmodes/ispell.el (ispell-add-per-file-word-list): Add new
	LocalWords line just after existing such lines.  Good to keep words
	together or if deliberately placed somewhere special.

--- ispell.el.orig	2015-05-02 11:24:32.000000000 +1000
+++ ispell.el	2015-05-02 14:34:42.573950776 +1000
@@ -4320,7 +4320,7 @@
     (let (line-okay search done found)
       (while (not done)
         (let ((case-fold-search nil))
-          (setq search (search-forward ispell-words-keyword nil 'move)
+          (setq search (search-forward ispell-words-keyword nil t)
 	      found (or found search)
 	      line-okay (< (+ (length word) 1 ; 1 for space after word..
 			      (progn (end-of-line) (current-column)))
@@ -4331,8 +4331,10 @@
 	      (setq done t)
 	      (if (null search)
 		  (progn
-		    (open-line 1)
-		    (unless found (newline))
+		    (if found (insert "\n")  ;; after an existing LocalWords
+                      (goto-char (point-max)) ;; no LocalWords, go to end of file
+                      (open-line 1)
+                      (newline))
 		    (insert (if comment-start
                                 (concat
                                   (if (fboundp 'comment-padright)

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2015-03-08 on binet, modified by Debian
Configured using:
 `configure --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'