Subject: Re: bug#20484: 25.0.50; Directory tracking in ansi-term broken.

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 12:15:11 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > on both sides.  Have you talked with Chet Ramey to look for the right
  > > solution?

  > The right solution is easy: Bash should use $INSIDE_EMACS rather
  > than $EMACS.

You may be right, but please talk with him about it.  He may agree and
fix Bash right away.  Or he may show you good reasons for some other
solution.  Please work together with the Bash maintainers.

The way to communicate with other GNU package maintainers is by
talking with them constructively -- not by making changes that will
lead their users to complain to them.  Talking with someone via
the public is not a good way to get people working together.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.