Subject: bug#20484: Bash 4.4-rc1 incompatibility with future Emacs $EMACS

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 11:47:30 -0700

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
Machine: x86_64
OS: linux-gnu
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS:  -DPROGRAM='bash' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='x86_64' 
-DCONF_OSTYPE='linux-gnu' -DCONF_MACHTYPE='x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' 
-DCONF_VENDOR='unknown' -DLOCALEDIR='/tmp/prefix/share/locale' 
-DPACKAGE='bash' -DSHELL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUG -DMALLOC_DEBUG -I. -I. 
-I./include -I./lib   -g -O2 -Wno-parentheses -Wno-format-security
uname output: Linux penguin.cs.ucla.edu 4.4.6-300.fc23.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed 
Mar 16 22:10:37 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Machine Type: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Bash Version: 4.4
Patch Level: 0
Release Status: rc1

Description:
     Please see attached patch.

Repeat-By:
     Please see attached patch.

Fix:
     Please see attached patch.