Subject: Re: bug#20463: 25.0.50; New deletion commands in buffer-menu [PATCH]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:38:55 +1100

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

> +(defun kill-matching-buffers-file-name (regexp)
> +  "Kill buffers whose visited file name matches the specified REGEXP."
> +  (interactive "sKill buffers visiting files matching this regular expression: ")
> +  (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
> +    (let ((file-name (buffer-file-name buffer)))
> +      (when (and file-name 
> +                 (string-match regexp file-name))
> +        (kill-buffer-ask buffer)))))

I'm not sure this sounds like a generally useful function...  I tend to
think that most users would just be using ibuffer for this stuff, and if
you want to programmatically kill lots of buffers, you don't really want
`kill-buffer-ask'.  It falls between two chairs, I think.

So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no