Subject: Re: bug#20463: 25.0.50; New deletion commands in buffer-menu [PATCH]

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 05:05:17 +0300

On 30/04/2015 21:43 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> The intent for the commands above was to simplify buffer set cleanup
>> (which I do at most daily).  Like extended `kill-matching-buffers'.
>
> Have you maybe looked at clean-buffer-list?

Not yet, but now I have, and I see that my meaning of "cleanup" is
different from what this command suggests.  I prefer to manage that
manually, so go and kill "all java files" or "all remote files accessed
via ssh" or something like that - with the ability to "post-process" the
selected set manually before killing - that's why I wrote those
commands.  I could provide them as a package, of course if someone else
finds them useful - I'm not sure now whether that is true.

I see there's also "bs" package (not the best name, by the way..), but I
didn't find many differences between standard buffer-menu and this
package, except maybe for sorting commands and more buffer set
configurations in contrast to buffer-menu's "all" or "only files".

Another thing that could be interesting is "show only remote files" and
"kill all remote files".

It would be interesting to know what others use for buffer management.

Filipp