Subject: Re: bug#20455: elisp-completion-at-point not compatible replacement for lisp-completion-at-point

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:50:08 -0400

Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> Can we remove it? It has already been declared obsolete in a previous
> version.

Too soon IMO.
The trivial solution: make elisp-completion-at-point take an optional
arg that does nothing. Or don't make lisp-completion-at-point an alias
to it.

>> (Why doesn't the byte-compiler warn about this arglist mismatch?)
>
> It does here:
>
> In lisp-complete-symbol:
> lisp.el:754:17:Warning: lisp-completion-at-point called with 1 argument, but
>     accepts only 0
> lisp.el:754:17:Warning: `lisp-completion-at-point' is an obsolete
> function (as
>     of 25.1); use `elisp-completion-at-point' instead.

I filed a separate bug about that; but for the record, no such warning
when bootstrapping for me nor, for eg
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/21790217/log/raw