Subject: bug#20453: [Bug-tar] Building on AIX 7.1 with GCC

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 08:33:19 -0600

[adding gnulib]

On 04/28/2015 08:25 PM, Sevan Janiyan wrote:
> Hi,
> Just ran into an issue which affects gzip, gettext & tar on AIX.
> 
> The configure tests for wctype.h & checks for the suitability of
> wctype_t & wctrans_t.
> 
> It detects the presence of wctype.h but wctype_t & wctrans_t are
> unsuitable at which point it tries to use its own bundled copy of
> wctype.h. The build then fails as there's conflicting types for wctype_t
> & wctrans_t.
> 
> In file included from quotearg.c:43:

As this file is maintained upstream in gnulib, fixing the root cause
there will then percolate into all the other affected packages.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org