Subject: Re: bug#20449: secrets-search-items is broken

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:25:37 +0200

Krzysztof Jurewicz <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Krzysztof,

> When one wants to store smtpmail passwords in GNOME keyring, he cannot
> retrieve them because secrets-search-items raises an error. A patch
> below.
>
> GNOME had used to incorrectly return a list of two lists in both
> cases, but this was already fixed:
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=695115 .

Thanks for this! I have pushed it to the master branch, closing the bug.

No we have the problem, that secrets.el won't cooperate any longer with
gnome-keyring versions prior to 2013. But I don't believe we shall
introduce a wrapper in order to hide this; it is obviously an error in
GNOME, and Emacs 25 might not be faced with this too much.

> Also fix an incorrect information in the secrets-search-items’
> docstring.

Yep. I've corrected also another stupid docstring error there.

Best regards, Michael.