Subject: Re: bug#20437: ls links too many dynamic libraries

From: Bernhard Voelker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:40:13 +0200

On 04/27/2015 07:30 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> --- a/bootstrap.conf
> +++ b/bootstrap.conf

...

> @@ -318,9 +319,9 @@ gnulib_tool_option_extras="--tests-base=gnulib-tests --with-tests --symlink\
>  buildreq="\
>  autoconf   2.64
>  automake   1.11.2
> -autopoint  -
> +autopoint  0.19.4
>  bison      -
> -gettext    0.18.1
> +gettext    0.19.4
>  git        1.4.4
>  gperf      -
>  gzip       -

This gnulib update seems to bump the prerequisites for building
coreutils quite high - at least on a current openSUSE-13.2 system
building now fails:

./bootstrap
./bootstrap: Error: 'autopoint' version == 0.19.2 is too old
./bootstrap:        'autopoint' version >= 0.19.4 is required
./bootstrap: Error: 'gettext' version == 0.19.2 is too old
./bootstrap:        'gettext' version >= 0.19.4 is required

I know that we tend to use the newest gear, but IIRC from last time
we agreed on supporting at least the latest stable version of the
bigger distros to ease providing patches for regular (advanced) users.
What especially does gnulib need from 0.19.4?  Could we work around
it?

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny