Subject: bug#19529: closed (Re: bug#20425: 24.5; completion-at-point not working with prefix starting with '(:')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 21:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20425: 24.3; Missing completion candidate variable

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20425: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20425
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20425: 24.5; completion-at-point not working with prefix starting with '(:'
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Alexander Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Giulio Petrucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 00:12:32 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

Should work fine now.

Thanks all.

Subject: 24.3; Missing completion candidate variable
From: Giulio Petrucci <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 18:18:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm editing some elisp code in order to customize my org-mode
settings. I'm using company mode for completion. If Istart writing (setq
org-agenda-b...) the variable org-agenda-block-separator is correctly
shown among the completion candidates. But if I try something like

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands '(("b" "Test" (...) ((org-agenda-b...)))))

the candidate is ignored. I asked a question on emacs.stackexchange.com
and the company-mode author suggested me that this behaviour could be a
bug in elisp-completion-at-point (see
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/5324/variables-not-shown-in-company-mode/)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <backspace> <backspace> p o r t SPC b u
<down> <down> <down> <return>

Recent messages:
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)... (some
errors, check *Messages*).
Loading /home/petrux/Dropbox/Org/org-config.el (source)...done
[yas] Loading for `lisp-interaction-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode)
(quote lisp-interaction-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode
[yas] Loading for `emacs-lisp-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode)
(quote emacs-lisp-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode)
(quote prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode
Loading /home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils paren eldoc company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company-elisp org-agenda yasnippet help-mode company helm-mode
helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs shell
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help
helm-org org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils warnings dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm advice advice-preload helm-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv ido electric auctex-autoloads tex-site info
easymenu elpy-autoloads company-autoloads emr-autoloads edmacro kmacro
find-file-in-project-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
idomenu-autoloads lispy-autoloads highlight-autoloads iedit-autoloads
ace-jump-mode-autoloads helm-autoloads async-autoloads
list-utils-autoloads help-fns cl-macs gv cl cl-lib
markdown-mode-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads noflet-autoloads
paredit-autoloads popup-autoloads projectile-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads finder-inf f-autoloads dash-autoloads
pyvenv-autoloads redshank-autoloads s-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)