Subject: bug#20417: 25.0.50; frequent crashes with global-auto-revert-mode

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 19:55:20 +0200

On 2015-04-27, at 11:14, Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Perhaps one approach would be to not use the glib file-polling code.
>
> Paul> That sounds like it may be the best way forward, at least in the short
> Paul> run.  If you configure --with-file-notification=inotify does the
> Paul> problem go away for you? That is, does the attached patch work for
> Paul> you?
>
> I rebuilt with --with-file-notification=inotify, but that did not work
> very well.  I started getting this over and over:
>
> Error while trying to read file system events
>
> E.g. I did M-x list-packages and that message started appearing with
> some regularity.
>
> I've rebuilt with --with-file-notification=no, but it's too soon to see
> how well it works.

Hi Tom,

does this problem persist in more recent Emacs and/or with
--with-file-notification=no?

> Tom

Best,

-- 
Marcin