Subject: Re: bug#20409: 24.5; Weird effect when selecting region with DejaVu Sans Mono font on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:31:09 +0300

> From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:06:45 +0200
> 
> As you can see on http://screencast.com/t/IMMvaK7Hqa, I see weird space
> effects (interline is growing or decreasing when de-selecting text) with
> the "DejaVu Sans Mono" font on Windows.

Note how the same effect happens even without selecting the text, just
by moving the cursor.

You seem to have some customization that highlights the current line,
which probably has something to do with this effect.  What is that
customization?

Also, if you run "emacs -Q" and select the same font, does the problem
happen when you highlight some portions of the buffer?

Anyway, whatever it is, it affects the pixel height of the lines under
some circumstances, and Emacs reacts as expected: by redrawing the
affected portions of the window.  There's no problem here that I can
spot, just expected behavior.