Subject: bug#20404: 25.0.50; Sometimes no fontification with jit-lock-defer-time

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:56:40 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> But that doesn't mean input-pending-p will return nil when there's
>> input unread by read_socket_hook, because once our keyboard queue
>> gets emptied, readable_events will return zero, and then we _will_
>> call read_socket_hook to fill our queue, and then the second call to
>> readable_events will return non-zero, and input-pending-p will return
>> non-nil.
>
> Good.  But then I don't understand why Tassilo gets the same display
> freezes with jit-lock-defer-time set to 0 as when jit-lock-defer-time is
> set to nil.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.  I've been wrong.  I had opened the test buffer.c
buffer already before I've set jit-lock-defer-time to zero, and then the
new value had no effect on that buffer.

Now I can confirm that j-l-d-t = 0 fixes both the display freezes and
the non-fontified bug report or byte-compile buffers.

Bye,
Tassilo