Subject: bug#20402: updated patch to pass http_proxy and https_proxy env vars to derivation builds

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 00:12:42 +0200

Joshua Randall <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've updated my patch to also modify guix/derivations.scm to add a setting
> for nix's impureEnvVars, such that it will pass http_proxy and https_proxy
> variables from the guix daemon to the build processes (which nix will do
> only for fixed-output derivations).

I took a slightly different approach in commit c046815 (and also not
passing “impureEnvVars” by default since that would lead to a full
rebuild.)

With commit 0d88313, $http_proxy is honored, but note that it’s the
$http_proxy value in the daemon’s environment that is used, not in the
client’s environment.

> I believe this is working, but I've now run into a third problem: the
> bootstrap guile is only v2.0.9, and v.2.0.10 or later is required for proxy
> support. What would I need to do to use a later version of bootstrap guile?

We will need to update the bootstrap Guile, but that won’t happen until
a later full-rebuild cycle.

You should be able to use substitutes as a workaround in the meantime.
How does that sound?

Thank you!

Ludo’.