Subject: bug#2040: 23.0.60; Emacs.app does not display SVG files

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:15:02 +0100

Hello!

The X client has the variable image-types defined as (svg png gif  
tiff jpeg xpm postscript xbm pbm) while Emacs.app has: (png gif tiff  
jpeg xpm xbm pbm). So indeed DocView fails to display PostScript  
images, and it's also not possible to view SVG images.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple- 
appkit-824.48)
  of 2009-01-25 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.824
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-libotf' '--with-ns' '--disable-ns-self-contained'  
'--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/ 
calendar23:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/ 
lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
qt4-x11/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/system-openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig' 'CFLAGS=-Wno-pointer-sign -bind_at_load  
-H -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec -ftree- 
vectorize -foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -freorder-blocks- 
and-partition -fthread-jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping' 'CPPFLAGS=- 
no-cpp-precomp' 'LDFLAGS=-bind_at_load -dead_strip -multiply_defined  
suppress -L/sw/lib/ncurses''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
--
Greetings

   Pete

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
				– Oscar Wilde