Subject: 24.4; Crash on open in MacOS X 10.10 Yosemite

From: Daniel Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:43:23 +0100

About 65% of the time emacs crashes and a right click on the dock icon reveals 'not responding'

Any suggestions?

Dan

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1343.16)
of 2014-12-23 on tenten-slave.macports.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1344
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-ns --without-x --without-dbus
CC=/usr/bin/clang 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -arch x86_64'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch
x86_64' CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu tango-theme
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74111 6382)
(symbols 48 17459 0)
(miscs 40 38 151)
(strings 32 9459 4677)
(string-bytes 1 265413)
(vectors 16 9033)
(vector-slots 8 373324 17682)
(floats 8 53 245)
(intervals 56 190 0)
(buffers 960 12))