Subject: 25.0.50; Unable to edebug sh-set-shell fn

From: Kaushal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:13:22 +0000

How to reproduce this problem:

(1) Launch emacs -Q
(2) Open the sh-script.el from the source code
(3) Go to the `sh-set-shell` function body and try to edebug it (C-u C-M-x)

Doing so will give this error:

Edebug: edebug-anon2200
Edebug: edebug-anon2201
Edebug: edebug-anon2202
Edebug: sh-set-shell
gv-get: (local (quote smie--hanging-eolp-function)) is not a valid place
expression

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2015-04-20 on ...
Repository revision: 8f1eda7a8a7e268413e38fa9d704a92cf7a860d5
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60900000
System Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.10 (Tikanga)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/emacs/master
 CPPFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer
uncompressing sh-script.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started
Edebug: edebug-anon2200
Edebug: edebug-anon2201
Edebug: edebug-anon2202
Edebug: sh-set-shell
gv-get: (local (quote smie--hanging-eolp-function)) is not a valid place
expression

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-macs gv edebug cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode
jka-compr mule-util time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90862 8652)
 (symbols 48 19664 1)
 (miscs 40 396 185)
 (strings 32 15831 4753)
 (string-bytes 1 457684)
 (vectors 16 11838)
 (vector-slots 8 413640 5414)
 (floats 8 95 184)
 (intervals 56 1079 172)
 (buffers 976 12)
 (heap 1024 172626 599))