Subject: Re: bug#20378: Q: Emacs 24.5 for MS-Windows?

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:48:10 +0200

> I know that non-free OSs like MS-Windows are not very popular there, but like the measels many people have to live with it ;-)
> Is there a release schedule for a binary executable on MS-Windows?
> The latest version is Emacs 24.4 from November 2014...

I was going to upload a binary for the recent 24.5, but when I was at
it, I hit with a problem: I've forgotten the passphrase of my GPG key,
and therefore I can't sing any file with that key (so I can't upload
anything to ftp.gnu.org).

I then followed the advice at:

   https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Automated-Upload-Registration.html#Automated-Upload-Registration

and I created a new GPG key, I updated my savannah profile with the
new key and I sent an email to "[email-masked]".

That was 8 days ago, and by now I have no answer at all.  Yesterday I
sent a follow-up message, but I don't know if/when anyone will read
it.

This is the second time I have to request something to
"[email-masked]", and now, like the first time, this is a
slow/painful process...

If someone else with the proper permissions wants to upload a binary
of 24.5 for MS-Windows, please go ahead.  Meanwhile, anyone can
already get such binary from:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-bin/files/releases/

-- 
Dani Moncayo