Subject: Re: bug#20360: 24.4; Line Spacing Centering Incorrect

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:23:25 +0300

> From: Renato Ferreira <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:01:21 -0300
> 
> IMHO it would look so much better with the centered content, that's why
> most other programs implement it that way. It looks too terrible only
> after the content, specially with things like highlight and boxing.
> 
> Is there no possible way to change it ? Do you suggest any good
> workaround ?

Doing that would require changes on the C level, because line spacing
is implemented in the display engine.  AFAICS, it looks like a simple
change, but Someone(TM) should describe the details of how
line-spacing should be distributed between above and below the base
character line, because I have no idea what is TRT here.

Also, I don't know whether any packages out there rely on the current
implementation; if they do, we will have to introduce an option to
control this behavior, so that the old behavior could be preserved if
needed.