Subject: 25.0.50; C-c C-c in shell buffer occasionally dumps garbage to the screen

From: Svend Sorensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:16:21 -0700

Pressing C-c C-c in a shell mode buffer will occasionally dump garbage
to the screen, and then the bash process dies. I have reproduced this
with 'emacs -Q', but it does not happen every time.

An example of a shell buffer where this happened under 'emacs -Q' is
attached.

I installed Emacs on OS X Yosemite using the following homebrew command:

brew install emacs --with-cocoa --with-glib --with-gnutls \
--with-imagemagick --with-librsvg --HEAD

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.1.0, NS appkit-1344.72 Version 10.10.2 (Build 14C1514))
 of 2015-04-16 on svesorm0.corp.w3data.com
Repository revision: abba535271c3bd617d198c237a6fbb7d8dbb8cf7
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1344
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs
 --with-file-notification=gfile --without-dbus --with-gnutls --with-rsvg
 --with-imagemagick --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
"
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until " > > > > > 
Process shell bus error: 10
"
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until " > > > > > 
Process shell bus error: 10
"
Wrote /Users/ssorensen/emacs-shell-died.txt

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring mule-util time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process gfilenotify cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90162 7648)
 (symbols 48 18940 1)
 (miscs 40 73 280)
 (strings 32 14368 7704)
 (string-bytes 1 455332)
 (vectors 16 15712)
 (vector-slots 8 1045316 203461)
 (floats 8 77 203)
 (intervals 56 1102 16)
 (buffers 976 13))