Subject: bug#20345: 24.4; Ellipsis no longer expands abbreviated form

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 05:34:29 +0300

=====

1. I launch emacs-24 -Q and insert following form in scratch buffer:

    (let ((print-length 2) (print-level 3))
      (pp load-history (current-buffer)))

2. I navigate to a new line and press C-x e

    (("/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.elc" pp-escape-newlines ...)
     ("/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/calendar/time-date.elc"
      (defun . with-decoded-time-value)
      ...)
     ...)

3. I navigate to previous line and place cursor between "." and "..)"
4. I press <RET> and ellipsis splits in two instead of expanding abbreviation

=====

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.27)
 of 2015-03-28 on gentoo
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int
 --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --with-imagemagick --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk2 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.4-r4
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-y C-j C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-f C-f C-f <return> 
C-/ C-/ C-n <return> C-x C-e C-p C-f C-f <return> C-/ 
C-a C-/ C-a C-p C-p C-p C-p C-o C-/ C-p C-p C-SPC C-n 
C-n M-w C-x 3 M-2 M-x r e p o r t - e - b <tab> <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
End of buffer
"((\"/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.elc\" pp-escape-newlines ...)
 (\"/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/calendar/time-date.elc\"
  (defun . with-decoded-time-value)
  ...)
 ...)
"
Undo!
Redo!
Undo!

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils pp time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71676 4420)
 (symbols 48 17558 0)
 (miscs 40 45 138)
 (strings 32 9213 4272)
 (string-bytes 1 254530)
 (vectors 16 8943)
 (vector-slots 8 383831 17614)
 (floats 8 67 202)
 (intervals 56 285 22)
 (buffers 960 11)
 (heap 1024 13119 818))