Subject: Re: bug#20340: 11.88; Evince reverse search opens buffer in all frames

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:03:59 +0200

Iñaki García Etxebarria <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Iñaki,

> I am often editing various TeX files at the same time, and try to use
> evince reverse search from evince, with "Ctrl+Click", in order to make
> a change to a specific file. Currently
> TeX-source-correlate-sync-source uses "find-file" in order to load the
> file.  This is very frustrating, since it makes *all* emacs windows
> switch to that buffer, including those in which you are editing
> unrelated documents.

That should definitely not happen.  `find-file' should at most change
the buffer of one window.  And if the file is already shown in some
window, then it should just select that.

But anyway, there have been other problematic cases with the use of
`find-file' so the current version of AUCTeX (e.g., the git version or
version 11.88.4 which you can install from ELPA) doesn't use it with
`TeX-source-correlate-sync-source' anymore.

I just tested with multiple tex documents, and that the current version
seems to behave as you would expect.

> I have replaced TeX-source-correlate-sync-source by the following code
> in my local instalation, and it is working well.  It only reacts to
> the DBus signal if the current buffer contains the file in the signal
> (see the (if (string= ...)) part).

I don't think that's a good idea.  That would do nothing when you work
on a multi-file document and the current buffer has another part of the
document open.

Anyway, please upgrade your AUCTeX version and report back if that works
for you.

Bye,
Tassilo