Subject: Re: bug#20339: sxml simple: sxml->xml mishandles namespaces?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:28:10 +0200

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 10:25:09PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

[...]

> Reading again Oleg Kiselyov's paper[1] I understand that SXML can, as does
> XML have namespace abbreviations (called there user-ns-shortcut). It's not
> exctly the same thing, but somehow isomorphic. One might use the XML's
> abbreviations in the SXML representation, of course.

I take that back: as far as I understand the paper, the (SXML-side) shortcuts
are global to the document, whereas the (XML-side) abbreviations are subtree-
scoped (i.e. for the whole subtree of the element where the declaration
is attached. I don't know ATM whether shadowing is allowed, but I'll look that
up).

So there *is* a subtle difference between "user-ns-shortcut" (the one
you were manipulating with #:namespaces) and the XML "namespace abbreviation"
(the official jargon is "namespace prefix").

Regards

[1] <http://okmij.org/ftp/papers/SXML-paper.pdf>

- -- tomás