Subject: bug#20311: [GNULIB 0/4] Improved acl handling

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:36:35 +0200

Hello,

while looking into adding richacl support to coreutils, I found the
set_acl and copy_acl gnulib functions in a less than ideal state:
setting acls was implemented in both functions, with slightly differing
behavior. Here is a rewrite based on the existing code which splits
setting and setting permissions and implements set_acl and copy_acl
based on these primitives; a lot of the mess in the original code
disappears.

These patches (and the richacl patches on top) are available here:

  https://github.com/andreas-gruenbacher/gnulib

I will follow up with the necessary coreutils changes.

Thanks,
Andreas

Andreas Gruenbacher (4):
  acl, qacl: split off shared functions into separate object file
  acl: On Linux, check for acls without libacl
  qacl: Simplify HP-UP acl_nontrivial check
  qacl: Reimplement qset_acl and qcopy_acl

 lib/acl-internal.c    | 499 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 lib/acl-internal.h    |  44 ++-
 lib/file-has-acl.c    | 477 ++---------------------------
 lib/get-permissions.c | 287 +++++++++++++++++
 lib/qcopy-acl.c       | 542 +-------------------------------
 lib/qset-acl.c        | 639 +-------------------------------------
 lib/set-permissions.c | 833 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 m4/acl.m4             |  17 ++
 modules/acl           |   5 +-
 modules/qacl          |   6 +-
 10 files changed, 1730 insertions(+), 1619 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 lib/acl-internal.c
 create mode 100644 lib/get-permissions.c
 create mode 100644 lib/set-permissions.c

-- 
2.1.0