Subject: bug#2031: closed (Re: 23.0.60; Edit menu missing in Gnus buffers.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#2031: 23.0.60; Edit menu missing in Gnus buffers.

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
2031: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2031
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Edit menu missing in Gnus buffers.
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], "Kim F. Storm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:35:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Punting to ding---any objection to removing the calls to
> gnus-turn-off-edit-menu in at least the article buffers?

No, sounds good.  I've now done this.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Subject: 23.0.60; Edit menu missing in Gnus buffers.
From: "Kim F. Storm" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:36:12 +0100 (CET)

This is an old bug - but still not fixed in Emacs 23.

For some reason, M-x gnus consistently removes the Edit menu
in all buffers related to gnus.  It might be ok in the group
overview, and possibly in the article overview, but in the
article buffers, I think it must be shown.

--
Kim F. Storm <[email-masked]> http://www.cua.dk