Subject: Re: bug#2031: 23.0.60; Edit menu missing in Gnus buffers.

From: [email-masked] (Kim F. Storm)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:16:30 +0100

Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kim F. Storm wrote:
>> Maybe we could get rid of the Options menu (in general) by moving it to
>> the bottom of the Edit menu where many other applications have their
>> "Customize..."  or "Options..." entry.
>>   
>
> The Edit menu is for editing commands (though we've mistakenly put
> Search, Bookmarks and Goto menus there, which used to be under Tools
> or their own top level menus, so we've already broken this
> association).

Every other major editor that I know of has search (and replace) on the
Edit menu - so it would seem logical to group all search commands together
there (instead of having to look for them in two menus).

BTWm they typically have "Options" on either Edit or Tools menu.  
Never as a separate menu - although some of the elements of the Options
menu are on a View menu (e.g. word wrap, show/hide, etc).

-- 
Kim F. Storm <[email-masked]> http://www.cua.dk