Subject: bug#20299: 25.0.50; File notification is not working

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:51:51 +0200

Sean McAfee <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Here you must apply "M-x auto-revert-mode".
>
> Ah, I didn't realize this was necessary.  I assumed Emacs would receive
> file notification events for all open files if it was built with that
> capability, since it seems an inexpensive enough operation.

Inexpensive if you have native support like inotify. If you use glib,
for example, it might be necessary to poll, which is more heavy.

> This would seem to be more of a Magit issue than an Emacs issue.  I'll
> re-report my original issue in the appropriate place (although it's hard
> to imagine that such a substantial feature being broken could have gone
> unnoticed by anyone other than me by now).

OK, so I'm closing this bug. Feel free to come back if needed.

> Thanks for the help!
> --Sean

Best regards, Michael.