Subject: Missing public key for 24.5

From: Mehmet Atif Ergun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:25:45 -0400

Hi,

I tried to verify the new (emacs-24.5) release but the public key that
signed the file is missing in the gnu keyring. The 24.4 had the same
problem (the signature for 24.4 belonged to a @gnu.org address. This
one belongs to a gmail address (Nicolas Petton
<[email-masked]>, see below).)

The file:
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.5.tar.xz

The signature:
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.5.tar.xz.sig

The keyring:
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg

The output:
$ gpg --verify --keyring ./gnu-keyring.gpg emacs-24.4.tar.xz.sig
gpg: Signature made Mon 20 Oct 2014 02:58:21 PM EDT
gpg:                using RSA key 0x6592E9A3A0B0F199
gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

$ gpg --verify --keyring ./gnu-keyring.gpg emacs-24.5.tar.xz.sig
gpg: Signature made Fri 10 Apr 2015 12:57:02 PM EDT
gpg:                using RSA key 0x233587A47C207910
gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

The output I was expecting was along the lines of:
gpg: Good signature from .....

Thanks,
Mehmet.