Subject: Re: bug#20295: 11.88.3; AUCTeX, ESS, Noweb, and "Error running timer `font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay': (wrong-number-of-arguments (2 . 2) 3)"

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:20:32 +0200

"Bourgoin, Mario" <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Mario,

> Indeed, the definition of ` font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay' begins as follows:
> ----
> (defun font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay (buf start end)
>   "Compatibility for Emacsen not offering `jit-lock-force-redisplay'."
>   (if (fboundp 'jit-lock-force-redisplay)
>       (jit-lock-force-redisplay buf start end)
> ----
>
> So it calls the apparently two-argument jit-lock-force-redisplay with
> three arguments.

Correctly identified, but the above is not the definition of
`font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay' as shipped with 11.88.3.  So it
seems you have an old auctex/font-latex.el laying around somewhere in
your `load-path' which overrides the one of 11.88.3.

Do M-x list-load-path-shadows RET to find out.  The version you are
supposed to use should reside in ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88.3/ (or
~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88.4/ if you updated to the newest release).

Bye,
Tassilo