Subject: bug#20292: 24.5; Saving Git-controlled file with merge conflicts after "stash pop" stages the file

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:57:25 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 00:45:43 +0200
> 
> > I don't even see the message you are responding to.  Was it sent only
> > to you, Dmitry?
> 
> It was addressed to both me and the bug email, but didn't arrive at the 
> latter. I'm attaching the full message here.

Thanks.  I don't understand why it is not on the tracker, I guess it
wasn't actually sent there, for some reason.

> >> You, as a core Git developer, represent the informed minority, and as
> >> such, it's probably not too much to expect that you and the others can
> >> customize vc-git-resolve-conflicts to nil without much trouble.
> >
> > Perhaps there could be a way to customize vc-git so that it caters to
> > such advanced users?
> 
> vc-git-resolve-conflicts is already a user option.

My impression was that Juno, for some reason, finds that
insufficient.  But if I misunderstood, and the issue is only with its
default value, then indeed I see no problem.